doom and gloom

The car sales are the lowest in 30 years. Dealers are getting desperate. People are saying that if you are not in a need of a car they can wait. House pricies going down.
People losing jobs or afraid of losing a job. The interest for electrical cars is also making people hesitating buy the old clunkers. The prices of old cars nothing to be happy about either. Is this a turning point or will it continue to go further down?
Not to worry. The American voters are well aware of what BO(ZO) and the dims have done to our county in the last 18 months. They will be voting them out of office in November.

I think we are all a little bit afraid about what the future holds right now. I personally tend to prepare for the doom scenario since boom pretty much takes care of itself.

A few years back I read about the problems with the housing loans that are materializing now. It is strange that nothing was done about it. It is also same with the gigantic printing of $ For decades now we have been waiting for the mighty fall of the $ and expecting it soon always. When something like that does not happen you more or less stop believing it will happen. Similarly we waited for decades for the fall of GM because they did so many things wrong for a very long time. Supply and demand do work but sometime it really can look like it does not. It is interesting to go to a car salesman as well as to people selling houses. They all tell you that things have reached bottom and we are beginning to go up now. They more or less always do. They have done it all the time while everything has been burning up. I wonder if they actually do believe what they say.

I dont believe they believe what they say, necessarily. We live in an age of politically correct "tullprat".
The point, in past times, has never been "if" we would recover as a nation. It has been how long it will take to recover....and it probably is still that way.
But it isn't impossible to sink to the bottom and stay there for a very long time.
On 31/08/2010 2:21 AM, Bjorn wrote:

Except for old clunkers, people don't have the cash or the credit. Fewer miles on them too.
Further down, you bet. Because money in middle class America is drying up, they WILL spend less. Given Obama and the Democrats are debt spending like debtors out of control, I expect this will likely be a decade if not a generation before it changes. All these bailouts are not "free".
US has lost its economic edge, so over time there is no reason why a property in the US costs more than say in Argentina or China. None at all. Over time it will equalize.
Obama should have studied Reaganomics, but he was raised for the first 12 years in a Marxist/Muslim belief. So we are stuck with it for 2 1/2 more years. And to fix the anticipated added debt will take a decade or longer.

Think it is bad now, wait until we start paying this sucker off:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/30/cbo-years-iraq-war-cost-stimulus-act /
Oh, look, BOzo has spent more money in two years (with zip results) that GW spent in eight.

The flood of $ coming back will make the floods in pakistan look small
On 8/31/2010 5:07 PM, PeterD wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/30/cbo-years-iraq-war-cost-stimulus-act /
Obama will have out debt-spent Bush's 8 years in just 2 years. Debt-spending gone crazy. Obama is a debt junkie.
--
Is government working for you, or are you working for the government?

Is Osama a debtocrat?