Door trouble.

I own a 1974 Cadillac Eldorado convertible which has a passenger door which will not open. I think the door unlock mechanism is rusted up. The key doesn't turn the cylinder and you cannot open it from inside
the car as the handle will lift a short distance and then quit moving. I dearly love this car and don't want to have to cut into it to open the door. So I'm asking y'all if you have any ideas on how to go about getting the door open. If I could do that, I could take the inner panel off and get at the lock/latch mechanism inside and repair it.
Thanks in advance
Andy

Drive to or call a locksmith. Most likely one can help.
Dave S(Texas)

It's hard to follow a thread when you do not include the text you are responding to. This seems to be a particular problem with webtv users, but certainly not limited to them.
If my memory serves me correctly, the OP stated that the latch mechanism seems to be frozen. Is that correct? If so, then a locksmith will be of no use. A body man is in order to remove the door panel since the OP can't seem to do that. If I do not recall correctly, then I guess you can ignore my comment.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

That is an 'old saw'....tried and true groan and not material.
First off, don't deem a wtv user as not being 'familiar' with newsgroups....at least this user.
My response to the original post was an offer of advice to that person. He knows what he asked/posted, so I included the pertinent point of his post. He wanted an idea, I gave one that maybe could help him.
I have 3 newsreaders on my pc and each shows the original post in 'tree' form. Maybe whatever reader you use isn't configured correctly? I have the original post and directly below it, any answers to the original (all 3 readers) It's not like a response are just showing up anywhere in the group, but only directly below the original and on the same page. To view the entire post/thread takes me exactly 6 clicks of my mouse wheel....no worries!
Hopefully our advice to this man will help him get his door open!
This response to your 'jab' at wtv users/me should only be taken in the good spirits I intend....
Dave S(Texas)

My newsreader is configured to not show read messages. Why have all that clutter? When a thread is active, I can recall the original question and things make sense. When someone replies two week later, has clipped all of the original post, then their reply can sound dumb as there is no context for it.
I'm in favor or trimming the original post, but a sentence or two makes for a good reminder of what is going on. Just as this thread has now drifted, your reply (and now mine) makes no sense when you look at the subject line.

Very material - context is lost when text is not quoted.

Read again - I never said such a thing. My words were pretty straight forward.

Most people do not keep all of the read threads visible in their reader. It's not at all necessary when the courtesy of quoting text is extended. If you're the expert usenet user that you profess to be then you'd know that quoting text is a time honored consideration in newsgroups. You're going a long way to defend agains such a simple thing.

But of course. Nothing but the best of spirits. Hell, it's only usenet afterall, not a Nextel Cup race. Now that would be serious...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Well, of course! I'm getting somewhat elderly these days, but still a #43 fan. "We" are gonna win again, hopefully/maybe again....someday. Great to see Wawd back!
I see ya'lls point about 'threads', but I retain my point that I was talking only to the man who asked the question, not to anyone else who may come along....
Anyway, I want that mans' door to open!
Dave S(Texas)

Robbie Gordon is going to sneak up from behind and surprise all of them next year.

When all else fails, there's always the torches...