Drifting to the right

I have a 2001 Prism that has a very slight tendency to "drift" to the right if I take my hands off of the steering wheel. I checked tire pressure and all four are at 30 PSI. Is this normal (it might have done this before but I never noticed it) and if not, what could cause this?

---MIKE---

>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Reply to
---MIKE---

---MIKE---

Reply to
Shep

"" wrote: > I have a 2001 Prism that has a very slight tendency to "drift" > to the > right if I take my hands off of the steering wheel. I checked > tire > pressure and all four are at 30 PSI. Is this normal (it might > have done > this before but I never noticed it) and if not, what could > cause this? > > > ---MIKE--- > >>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire > >> (44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Actually if memory serves, this is normally a safety feature. when cars are aligned they are set to drift slightly to the right in case the driver falls asleep, they will drift off the road to the right instead of into possible oncoming traffic.

Reply to
CousinJimmy

Reply to
Shep

True, but what can we expect from autoforumz maggots?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Um, well its not the car, most roads are crowned, to keep the surface dry...

Reply to
Ript