drove an '01 Camaro Z28 with 5.7 liter LS1 today

I drive cars from dealership to dealership for extra money (dealer trades). I drove a beautiful copper colored '01 Z28 from PA over to OH today (200
miles or so). 310HP with 340 pounds per feet torque. That LS1 motor rumbles! What power. I was doing 80mph on the turnpike and floored it, and it shoved me back in the seat! Coming out of rest areas, I couldn't press down too far on the gas before the tires would start to spin. The previous owner had blown out the speakers, so I had to listen to cracked speakers coming home. It has that GM Monsoon sound system. I can see why a lot of teenagers die in their Camaros. They should have gotten the V6.
I have one of those myself. As far as the 310hp, it's commonly known that they produce pretty much the same 346hp that the baseline Vette does or just slightly less. Definitely more than 310 if you go by all people who have dynoed them. Anyway it all equals fun but you have to respect it like you said. That ASR system can help sometime if you tromp on it a little too hard in some cases.

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
OR at least turn down the sound system so they can HEAR that 18 wheeler bearing down on them. ;)
mike hunt