drug coverage

I saw today that at&t will discontinue drug coverage for retirees now that the new health law will now tax the money Medicare provided to help keep the
retirees off the part D plan and more companies are going to do the same
You can bet we will see more to do the same, the Attorney's General are not successful with their Constitution challenge.

Mike Hunter wrote:

I was just going over the coverage my wife gets through her job. They figure that she pays in $1,400.00 a year and they put in $5,530.00
If they decided to drop all the coverage and just pay the $2,000.00 fine they would save a big chunk of money.
--
Steve W.

Gee, I only pay $20 a month for drug coverage for my wife and me from the Mittal Steels VIBA plan.
The nice think about that plan is I'm eligible because I worked for Bethlehem Steel for a two years, way back in 1949 and 1950. ;)
The new law closes the "Doughnut Hole." but not till 2014 and then it only covers high cost Brand name drugs, NOT the lower cost generics and you will have a co-pay of 25%.

I expect that may happen a lot.
It's amazing that so many seem to believe that government run health care will be better or cheaper. The fact is history always has proven the opposite to be true.
wrote

wrote

And nearly 100 % inefficient?
Obviously you have never been in a VA hospital, if that is what you choose to believe.
wrote