dumped my chevy venture

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 06:21:48 -0700, Canuck57 fired up the etcha-a-sketch and scratched out:

IIRC, they're paying it back already.

It is spelled, checks. :P

So, what does that have to do with questions about cars?
Seriously, this is usenet. I expect fucktards to show up in various goups, but things are being pushed here.
--
perfectreign
www.perfectreign.com || www.ecmplace.com
PerfectReign wrote:

ep, I do too, Mike and Reign in the donkeys.

On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 08:31:08 -0800, gordow fired up the etcha-a-sketch and scratched out:

Oh, I'm sorry - I didn't realize you were writing in Candadian.
I speak Canadian, eh.
--
perfectreign
www.perfectreign.com || www.ecmplace.com
PerfectReign wrote:

Yep, "me and you" (American), sorry, you and I are on the same page.
gordow wrote:

Showing your ignorance? Not in Canada and a bunch of other countries. It was spelled cheque long before illiterate Americans changed it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheque
Sort of reminds me of "me an you" that you hear so often on trash liberal journalism. It should be "you and I"....
I am not one big on english as a point to hirp, but when your own house isn't clean...
Canuck57 wrote:

Okay, well, that page says this: "A cheque, also spelled check"
Different countries have different official spellings of certain words. Who cares?
PerfectReign wrote:

Are you aware that English is spoken in other countries, and different countries have different official spellings of certain words?
Answer to PerfectReign to understand my contempt for GM ...
I had purchased a Buick Century wagon in '84 for my wife's use so she could drive our infant children on her errands. The car's weight distribution was so poorly designed that, if the road was the slightest bit wet, the rear brakes would lock up and the rear end would fish-tail. I'm not taking about panic stop situations but even casual use to slow down in traffic. I had to put eight cinder blocks in the way back to add some weight over the rear end until I could get rid of this dangerous GM POS.

Sounds like a defective proportioning valve. Pretty easily fixed.
Easily fixed by a competent mechanic perhaps but I was dealing with Mr. Goodwrench. Another problem tells the story ...
When stopped at a red light in the rain, the car would stall and the inside windshield would suddenly fog over. This happened every time the car was stopped in the rain for more than a minute or so. I brought the car back to the dealership, Bezema Buick Norwood MA, at least three times and each time Mr. Goodwrench could find nothing wrong. Finally, in desperation, I brought the car to a local gas station and the problem was easily diagnosed and fixed. It seems when the car was stopped in the rain, water would well up in a trough under the cowl at the base of the windshield. Eventually the water would overflow into the A/C intake ducts also mounted in the trough. That would stall the engine (just how I'm not sure) and the A/C would them blow the moist mist onto the inside windshield. This only happened when the car was stopped because when in motion any accumulating water would slosh out of the trough. The solution was to open up a blocked hose that would normally allow excess water to drain from the trough.
The dealership was given multiple opportunities but was unable or unwilling to fix the many problems with this dangerous GM POS.