DVD Hack

I want to be able to view DVDs in my 2007 Acadia. I have the Nav and DVD Entertainment system. ANyone know of a hack so that I can watch the DVD on the navigation screen while the car is moving. Much thanks.

Why, so you can run somebody off the road while watching it instead of watching the road?

Reply to
doane_nut

Yeah - that's what we really need... some fool watching DVD's while he's driving.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Point taken. But... at least the blonde makes for some nice watching as you drive by...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 20:32:32 -0600, "g" wrote:

You might want to read this first.

§ 547.611. USE OF CERTAIN VIDEO EQUIPMENT AND TELEVISION RECEIVERS. (a) A motor vehicle may be equipped with video receiving equipment, including a television, a digital video disc player, a videocassette player, or similar equipment, only if the equipment is located so that the video display is not visible from the operator's seat. (b) A motor vehicle specially designed as a mobile unit used by a licensed television station may have video receiving equipment located so that the video display is visible from the operator's side, but the receiver may be used only when the vehicle is stopped. (c) This section does not prohibit the use of: (1) equipment used: (A) exclusively for receiving digital information for commercial purposes; (B) exclusively for a safety or law enforcement purpose, if each installation is approved by the department; (C) in a remote television transmission truck; or (D) exclusively for monitoring the performance of equipment installed on a vehicle used for safety purposes in connection with the operations of a natural gas, water, or electric utility; or (2) a monitoring device that: (A) produces an electronic display; and (B) is used exclusively in conjunction with a mobile navigation system installed in the vehicle.

Reply to
Tim J.

What's the diff Mike? they already are using cell phones and laptops on the seat next ot them.

Or even worse, Blondes putting on make up on the express way. ;)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

I had one pass me on the interstate (pass ME? yep!) and she had a paperback between her hands on the steering wheel, in literary rapture... There is never a cop when you need one.

Reply to
<HLS

I feel sorry for you guys. There used to be a nice looking female that drove I 87 north of Albany (she worked in Albany and lived near Glens Falls) Her routine was to drive to work in just her underwear, with her work clothes hung behind the seat. I got to see her a couple times each month when I drove that direction.

Reply to
Steve W.

Do you know what the message on a blondes side mirror says?

"Objects may be dumber than they appear"

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz