DVD screen is blank 2005 yukon xl cannot get to see the dvd

Have a 2005 Yukon XL with overhead DVD Entertainment system. For some time now the dvd screen has gone blank. I can hear the dvd sound at the menu to start the
dvd but cannot see anything on the screen. I have tried sourcing the RSE through the DVD but have had no luck. It is hard to trouble shoot without seeing anything on the screen... Would like to fix it rather than replacing...
On 1/14/2013 12:18 PM, Brad Barnes wrote:

Do you have audio? Sounds like a back-light problem perhaps.
--
I'm never going to grow up.

replying to PeterD , Brad Barnes wrote:

Thanks for the response... I do have audio... Is there a way to change the back light?
On 1/15/2013 2:18 PM, Brad Barnes wrote:

Probably if you are good at electronics... It would require soldering, etc., as well as finding compatible parts. Best to replace entire unit if that is the problem.
--
I'm never going to grow up.

On 1/16/2013 6:16 AM, PeterD wrote:

Most earlier model LCD screens had a CCFL light embedded into the LCD display. This is a tiny florescent straight lamp with lead wires on both ends.
The first issue is getting the display apart to get to it. It really not meant to be changed. When you get the display tore down, then you have to source the lamp.
There is also a chance the high voltage power supply the powers this lamp is defective.
You will need some electronics and soldering chops to work on either.
bob