Early 20's Buick, Casing's ?

In cleaning out my late aunt & uncle house I found a 1924 Western Union telegram from my grandmother to her sister. It was sent from Brookfield, MO. to Chicago. Grannie says in the telegram that her & grandpa will be home later than expected due to numerous car problems like three burned up bearings, three blown casing's and nine blow outs. They were coming home from Colorado.

What are casing's?

This was probably one of those open touring cars of the early 20's. I'm guessing it might be a Buick or some other GM car as that is all grandpa ever bought. He had Buick's up till 1958, then he got a 59 Impala, then a 65 Impala, which was his last car till 1984.

An uncle in California might be able to tell me what kind of car his dad had in 1924 - even though he wasn't born unril 1935.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 31,847 91 Bonneville LE 304,345
Reply to
Harry Face

The older generation used the word 'casings' to mean tires. I always wondered if they really meant 'caissons'.

Reply to
<HLS

Casing is the tire itself, tires had tubes then.

Reply to
Repairman