eBay Auction of the Day: 1969 Chevrolet Corvair 500

Winding Road: http://starturl.com/fqddv
eBay Auction Page: http://starturl.com/1969Corvair
While weve run across eBay Motors auctions before featuring
cars with virtually no wear after many years, this 1969 Chevrolet Corvair is the first one weve encountered that was still in its bag.
According to the seller, this Corvair was sold in 1969 for $1,900, delivered by truck to the original owners house, and then promptly prepared for long-term storage. The car comes complete with the original keys, license plate screws, and a fuel tank thats never seen a drop of fuel. Its considered, unsurprisingly, by the Corsa and Corvair Society to be the lowest mileage 1969 example in existence.
The complete time capsule state of affairs for this Corvair is fairly impressive, but as with all cars that have been preserved this completely, we wonder what a future owner would plan to do with it. Driving the car would compromise its ridiculous virginity, and spending $25,000 just to look at a car seems like a rather large waste. Perhaps the GM Heritage Collection is looking?
On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 09:20:04 -0600 (MDT), Ed

Aside from the spam aspects of this post, there is a listing for a 1969 Corvair on eBay (item 330224333429).
However, with any obfuscated URL one can be sure that they are simply links to trojans/virus/malware and I'd strongly recommend that you not click either one.
In the future eBay spammers should either post the actual eBay URL, or just the item number.

Driving the car would compromise its ridiculous

Your waste is another man's treasure. $25000 is cheap compared to millions spent on fine art and is just looked at
If it was a 62 - 64 Monza, I'd consider it myself.
I found the car on ebay and provided the link below. It's apparantly genuine but I wonder why someone would go to such trouble for 40 years just to sell a car for a mere $25,000? It seems to me that it would have been a lot smarter to buy a limited edition Mustang or Super Bee or some such car and then wrap it in a bag for sale in 40 years. Even a standard version of one of the more popular vehicles of 1969 would have been a better choice in terms of value and popularity today.
I know hindsight is 20/20 but I think common sense would dictate choosing an optioned up version of a popular ponycar, muscle car or sports car to save for 40 years.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item30224333429&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us
Otto Skorzeny wrote:

Perhaps this was all he could afford at the time.
George Patterson Decisions are made by people who have time, not by people who have talent. Talented people are too busy fixing problems created by people who make decisions.
Well its in a hell of alot better condition then that car that was buried in that time capsule and when they brought it out it had been sitting in water and was nearly rusted away lol.

talent.
make