ecm temp sensor 2004 pontiac grand prix

Page 2 of 16
quiet , you don't even have quarter winders.......lol
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~258,600 miles_~_~~_

I remember an Austin I had in the 50's (in the U.K.) that had a screw to open the windshield at the bottom. With that you hardly need AC
Alan 1997 Buick Custom LeSabre
The Buick Century in comparison is much more quieter and the I have often get about 800 KM (600 miles) on a tank of fuel. It has the 3.1 V6 engine.
I have only had 1 repair up till now (tilt steering lever became stuck and that was fixed very quickly).
The price difference between the Malibu vs. Century is very little but the car is much more refined and roomier.

hate
I agree. The Century fuel tank holds 17.5 gallons. To get 600 miles he'd have to average 34.3 miles per gallon. The only way I know to accomplish that is to fill the tank to the filler neck, drive on a downhill grade at 45 miles per hour with a tailwind until the tank is empty. If he holds his tongue just right, he MIGHT get 600 miles on a tank.

The tilt steering mechanism locking up is a somewhat common problem with the current generation W-body. The fix varies depending on year and model.
Roger
| I agree. The Century fuel tank holds 17.5 gallons. To get 600 miles he'd | have to average 34.3 miles per gallon. The only way I know to accomplish | that is to fill the tank to the filler neck, drive on a downhill grade at 45 | miles per hour with a tailwind until the tank is empty. If he holds his | tongue just right, he MIGHT get 600 miles on a tank. |
Perhaps the other claims are/were exaggerated as well? ;-)

The best I have managed to get so far is 511 km to a tank. The engine has juts over 7,000 kms on it now.
400-500 miles per tank is certainly believable since that is about 22-28 MPG. As far as fuel injector cleaners are concerned, occasional use of these products in an inexpensive, preliminary attempt to correct driveability concerns is acceptable. Despite what your buddies have told you or what the manufacturer's claims are, these are NOT "preventative maintanance" solutions and their overuse can actually shorten the life of your fuel system components - not increase them. There is no fuel injector cleaner that increases your fuel economy either. That would be snake oil. Besides, if an injector became clogged then your fuel economy might INCREASE because the engine would be running lean. The engine controller would then attempt to compensate. At any rate, I personally can't see how fuel injector cleaner would improve gas mileage when used as a regular fuel additive. Perhaps you only meant to use it as it's supposed to be used.
Roger

he'd
accomplish
his
The Buick tank is about 60 litres, and if I divide that by 3.78 litres/gallon, that's approx. 16 gallons.
I can easily get 600 km (400 miles) on a tank. On extended drives, I can get 800 km +

hate

That's huge.
My Malibu has a 45 litre tank, yet I usually get 46 to 47 litres into it :)

Yeah, the Century does have a large-ish fuel tank at 17.5 gallons.
Roger
My 2002 Camry LE V6 has a 70 litre tank. I prefer large tanks since I can go longer distances without filling.

| | > That's huge. | > | > My Malibu has a 45 litre tank, yet I usually get 46 to 47 litres into it | > :) | | Yeah, the Century does have a large-ish fuel tank at 17.5 gallons. | | Roger | |
I wish my Malibu had a larger tank, that's for sure. Not sure why GM put such a small tank in the Malibu.
XXXX
The 400 - 500 mile for MPG on a Century is more believable than the 600 mile a tank range you said in the first post.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~258,600 miles_~_~~_
Well the 600 mile was an interpolation. I basically filled up when I saw the gas station and had driven about 500 miles. I filled the tank and noticed that it was still about 25% full. Given that notion, I estimated that it will give me about 600 miles on a tank.
I have not done the "Kramer" and driven till I was bone dry.
Needless to say, I am most satisfied with the Century fuel consumption and would not hesitate to buy it again.

XXXX Wrote : I am most satisfied with the Century's fuel consumption and would not hesitate to buy one again...
Don't wait to long, either 2003 or 2004 is the last year for the Century. Its being dropped and the Regal line expanded.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~258,600 miles_~_~~_
Could a problem in the signal/combo switch in the steering column, if the signals and the brake lites are one in the same. How about the the 3rd brake light, out?

Check where rear taillight wires ground. Remove screw, clean contact area and terminal, replace screw with stainless steel one, paint over for corrosion protection. Good wiring harness grounds simplify troubleshooting, as the ground is known good. I like the 3rd eye comment, as the 3rd eye would have a seperate ground. Hope that helps.

Magazine review?? Look at one and drive it for yourself. Then decide.
David Starr wrote:

Yep, good pistons have been oval for a long time. If machined correctly, they are only oval when cold ... they should be circular at typical operating temperature.
Matt
Excellent essay.

making the workers

we have laws