ecm temp sensor 2004 pontiac grand prix

Page 13 of 16
Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what it was. Yesterday morning I found that the bolt on the accessory terminal was loose. It's working like a charm now.
Thanks for the reply, Marty
Alan Illeman wrote:

1994 Chevy P/U 173,000 Nice truck V-6 Brown w/Custom Seats less than a yr old Custom wheels new tires less than 3 weeks old Beige Interior A/C works Chrome bedrails, bedliner, chrome around wheel wells MUST SELL SOON! Have $6000 into it would like to get $4800 obo Reply to email if interested. (Dallas)
The rear hatch glass on my Traiblazer exploded while sitting in the driveway this afternoon. The glass shattered into a million pieces. Thank God the neighbors kids weren't playing on the side of the house. I was mowing the lawn on the other side of the house and heard the bang. My neighbor was sitting on his porch and saw the whole thing. We couldn't believe it. Has there been a recall on this? Has anyone else had this happen?
Of course the dealer's service depatment is closed for the weekend and I'll have to wait until Monday to take it in. I spoke to a sales manager and he said he never heard of this happening.
My wife and I were in the damn thing 15 minutes before it happened.
Maybe the lawn mover shot a rock out and hit the glass. Did a car full of youth's drive by just as it happened? Possibly one of them had a BB gun or slingshot.
Look inside the vehicle for a projectile that might of shattered the glass.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~259,100 miles_~_~~_
On 29 Jun 2003 08:09:59 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (joeforz) wrote:

Sounds like it was caused by the interior heating up. Uncommon, but I bet it's happened before. The rear defrosters have a timed shutoff, this is so you don't heat the glass too much in the winter, or the same thing will happen...
"joeforz" wrote

No recall that I can see, there is a service bulletin about the rear glass being hard to close and the fix is something to do with replacing the weather-strip and shimming the handle. Maybe this is related....hard to tell.
Have you gotten your letter about the engine sleeves cracking? Perhaps your VIN is not within the breakpoints. Yay for GM quality...now we get to replace a bunch of these 4.2 engines. That ought to be a real moneymaker....not!
Ian
"Geoff Welsh" < wrote

Good choice. It's actually supposed to only be a certain run of the engines. I don't think there is any problems with the 2003. I guess we already have one customer who has the noise problem, so I assume the other's won't be far behind. GM is actually sending a letter to the affected owners which means that almost everyone of them will perceive that they have a problem and will want a new motor. Which is what they get, once the noise/condition is confirmed, complete new engine goes in.
Ian
I have had it happen a couple of times on different vehicles. I would bet money on it being because the interior heated up. It always happens in the hot summer time. Don

Well the experts at GM say glass should only explode up until 10000 miles if the glass is defective and they refuse to cover it. So now it's up to my insurance company. The damn thing isn't even 2 years old. I'm of the NHTSA to file a complaint and the local news consumer reporter. Thanks for the replys folks.
GW
Smart move GW, smart move. May you go well beyond the 1/4 million mile mark.
LOL
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~259,100 miles_~_~~_
hmmmmm...... Ya think any digodometer lasts that long?? GW
Harry Face wrote:

-- GW - note incorrect email address
http://makeashorterlink.com/?V1F3230D4
driving me nuts after car warms up and you turn off it will not start for about an hour geo metro 1992 1.0l
I have 2000 Buick Regal LS monsoon radio/cd/tape player. The display will not show clock or track info while playing cd. The unit is working fine and at night all buttons lit, but main display will not on.
Is this normal problem with Regal. You know any quick fix. The dealer wants $375 to swap the unit.
Thanks

Is the display area lit? It may just be the lamp that illuminates the display. Common problem in Ford radios. You can see the numbers if you shine a flashlight on the display. If the display area is lit and the display does not work start looking at auto stereo places for a different radio, or watch e-bay. Be aware of the lock code if you remove the radio or purchase a replacement..
Al
most likely it is the power supply module for the display. the display is a vacuum flourescent display and requires higher voltage than 12 VDC. Thus the power supply inside the radio. A good tech could fix the PS.
Hello...
I own a shop in Baltimore where we repair OEM Radio's.
You problem is not uncommon. The power supply for the LED's might have failed. There are other reasons that might be as well.
Anyways, $375 is a bit high, we do this type of repair for around $250. If you wanted you could ship us your unit and we could do it for you.
Purchasing a new radio off of ebay is a bad choice, as another post suggested. You radio is a Class Two Data bus unit. It will only "turn on" if connected to the correct BCM with the correct VIN LOCK. The radio off ebay will not work in your car unless the dealer uses a Tech 2 to decode it. Also, the unit off ebay will most likely be not tested for the above reason, even if they say it has been.
If this interests you, or anyone else email me and I can give more info.
snipped-for-privacy@soundsolutionsmd.com Owings Mills MD 21117
Think he could get warantee to cover this? It's not really normal wear and tear.
:-D I just cut the cheese!
lab wrote:

if your coolant level was full last year and now it is empty???? how as it a month after last year??? how often do you check it??? you should check it each time you gas up and add what it needed.... you dont have a leak.. the stuff is just evaporating... and if it was last year, you should flush it out and put some good old Prestone in it and dont worry about it....
CONTINUATION: I asked the mechanic again what exactly did the scanner read. He said the left bank reading was lean. He also mentioned that cylinder 6 is miss firing (I assume that the left bank is cylinder 2,4, and 6). I replaced the 6th cylinder spark plug. And at first it seamed that starting the van was a lot easier. But next day engine light was back on and it takes about 5 tries before the ignition starts. Question can ignition problems have anything to with this lean reading. Can it be related to the miss firing problem? If so, If so difficulty starting especially in the mornings, does that give you a clue if it could have something to do with a bad sensor as opposed to miss firing problem? I would like to address the mostly likely problem first or the easiest solution first.
btw: I year ago I had sugar in the gas tank, so I had the tank replaced. And added some fuel injection cleaner in the gasoline. I have had no engine light

at
Then cleared the

cylinder.
try