ecm temp sensor 2004 pontiac grand prix

Page 6 of 16
Did that no luck. All the fuses look good.

The
could be bad bulbs

As a first try, check the grounds, I like to start troubleshooting with known good grounds. For more on the pleasures of grounding, which is overlooked, post back. Follow wiring harness to find ground screws. Stainless steel screws are " troublefree" and recommended.
have a project car that was originally a 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle SS small block that is partially converted to a SS 454. It has a motor, trans and some additional parts. Good body, ready to go. I can deliver for a fee. It is going to close on e-bay at 7:40 PST on 6/24/2003, which is tomorrow as I write this. My reserve has been met, and the bid is sitting at $2700.00. Whoever is high at close will take this car home. It would be a steal for someone looking for an SS to restore.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item $19943699
Grab it while it is still available.
LC
A friend of mine has an 03 Tahoe and complains of poor gas mileage. I have an 01 and get better mileage than his. Both are 5.3 liter plants. City mileage: 17 (mine) vs. 14 (his)
Is this because of the "Flex Fuel" change to the engines? Here in Houston there are no "Flex Fuel" stations. So it's kind of an overkill to sell those vehicles here.
Comments?
"O"
oops I missed the figures in your post. Tell your friend he should feel lucky. My last fill up was 10.09 mpg. If I could get his ratings I would be happy. Most all I have compared to get 14-15 city or overall and about 18 on the highway. Don

have
Houston
Lets do the math... 5000lb vehicle + 5.3L(325 cubic inch) engine + city driving with A/C on poor mileage.

those
Auction ends in one day!!! Thanks!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categorya68&item $19764523
Hey guys, I was told that on my 90 olds (I know .. I know .. It's still a GM product) the best way to replace the fuel pump, was to remove the back seat, and I would find a place to unbolt and get access to the fuel tank ... Anyone know if this is true?
I thought so. ...

No, only Honda thinks about that..my 98 Accord has a access door on the bottom of the trunk, Take out some bolts and the whole works lifts out!! Andy

GM
seat,
A friend of mines 91 Grand Prix(3.1) has been running rich for some time now. Yesterday I took out my Snap-On Scanner to see if I could identify any problems. Everything looked OK, EXCEPT for one "strange" thing:
The Integrator and Block Learn values were low, but the Injector Pulse Width was not corresponding, and reading high!? For example, at one point, with the engine idling hot in Drive(700 RPMs), the Integrator was @ 108, the Block Learn @ 102, and the Injector Pulse was @ 2.1 ms? Why is the ECM not commanding a lower OPEN time for the Injectors? The O2 Sensor is working perfectly, and the ECM is responding, but it's not changing the Pulse Width for some reason?
My guess is there's something wrong with the MAP Sensor or sensor hose. This engine uses Speed Density to determine fuel delivery, but I'm not sure if the MAP Sensor is the KING of the sensors, and over-rides all others or not? Does the ECM "care more" about the MAP reading than the O2? Can anyone answer this for me?
I know MAP Sensors CAN go bad, rarely, but when they do, they usually read LOWER than normal, not HIGHER, I've never heard of a MAP Sensor going bad because of HIGHER readings!?
One other thing, what is the "normal" Injector Pulse Width for a Mult-Port Fuel Injected engine? I think it's around 1.3 ms, but not 100% sure.
Anyone have anything to add here? Should I look elsewhere, and forget about a fauly MAP? I truly appreciate all input!:)
On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:33:20 -0500 (CDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote:

Of course its going to rust. There's no type of finish on the rotors to prevent rust. It's basically a chunk of cast iron. The pads wear the rotors down a little each time you brake. How would you not prevent them from rusting? Maybe make them out of stainless steel? But that would double the weight and triple the cost. Ain't gonna happen.
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:26:11 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com (Tom) wrote:

===========Stainless rotors have been used on motorcycles for decades, but I have never seen them on a car or truck.

That does not make any sense at all. The wear surfaces of any rotor will develop light surface rust when they get wet but not used. The non wear surfaces will rust very quickly. In either case, it does not matter. Simply using the brakes will polish off the rust in short order.
John
Hi ho,
Just inherited the subject car; 98k and driven by an old lady (my mother(!)) when it wasn't in the garage all its life, just stopped running. FI ok but no spark. I discovered that this automobile is not "engineered" so much as "piled" -- there is no part of the ignition system that can be reasonably reached without removing something else. So sight unseen, any notorious weak links in that vintage that I could try first or is it bleeding knuckle time?
Thanks for any ideas.
Cheers.
I Have have a 90 Buick Park Avenue that has recently had the problem of not starting after it runs for awile. My OBD1 shows no error codes and there are no Temp Lights. And I have check the coolant level. It seems to have to cool down before it will start Again. Can anyone help me?
Abarn wrote:

My '91 Park got the same way. Have somebody investigate the crank sensor, which is somewhat below the water pump. If the water pump leaks onto that sensor, then it craps out and either fails altogether or else it fails intermittently when a certain engine temp is reached. Replace the sensor.
---Bob Gross---
Which motor? My crank sensor is on the back of the block.
Sounds like it's that, though. Same symptom for me... it was the crank sensor.
You can test for spark while it's not starting. I bet there is none.

not
are
which
sensor,
intermittently
Question: I Have a 90 Buick Park Avenue, is it true the computer won't set an Error code unless the fault persist for at least seven seconds (or some rather large number)?