ecm temp sensor 2004 pontiac grand prix

Page 10 of 16
Chicago Tribune article 6/26/03
Chevrolet confirms that its new small car will be called COBALT when it replaces the Cavalier for the 2005 model year. Chevy chose the Cobalt
name because of it association with power and strength.
Pontiac also says it will change the name of the Grand Am in 2005 but will not say to what.
They are not merely name changes. The cars are new, as well.
mike hunt
Harry Face wrote:

Well gm is changing a lot of things actually.... like the s10 is gonna be a colorado i think or its the sonoma one.... so like the grand am and cavalier arent gonna be the only ones to change......
I vote for Grand Poobah!
--

Rob

"Geoff Welsh" < snipped-for-privacy@cyber.com> wrote in message
I wonder if/when the Solstice will appear. That is a car that GM needs to get to the dealer lots to compete with the small import sport coupes.
--

Rob

"Harry Face" < snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net> wrote in message
Whatever happened to that SSR? There's a vehicle whose time came and went.

It wasnt the least bit pratical and the prototype was like 5000 pounds. I dunno what the price of the ssr was going to be but I'm pretty sure end the end you could of had a 3/4 ton 4x4 for the same price.
libear@yahoo_.com.removethisandtheunderscore says...

It's out this fall.
| Whatever happened to that SSR? There's a vehicle whose time came and went. | | > Thats GM's problem. They have all these great concept cars and idea's | > but they fart around for years and by the time the release them they've | > been left behind or someone else take their idea's.... | |
Check this link out: http://www.gmintakeleak.com /

Greetings,
I have a 1996 GMC Savana conversion van by Autoform (Glaval). I purchase this van two years ago used from a Ford dealer.
Recently, the door won't lock when the alarm is activated. The key-fob says Auto-Mate on it with DEI on the back.
The van has power locks that function normally when operated manually. When I press the arm button on the key-fob the parking lights blink, there is a "boop", the alarm activates, but the doors do not lock.
I activated the alram while inside the van and the lights on the door lock buttons illuminate when I activate the alram, and again when I deactivate the alarm. I also hear a "tick" (tick tick) like a relay is clicking when I activate the alram (sounds like under the dash) and two ticks (tick tick - tick tick) when I deactivate the alarm.
The Ford dealer won't touch this because they say it is aftermarket and not a factory repair. They say the power locks are operating normally. They sent it out to a GMC dealer and they said the same thing.
My guess is I lost a fuse or a wire somewhere. Anybody know where I can look or find a wiring diagram?
TIA
skulker
skulker
snipped-for-privacy@easynews.com.yourpants
email replies remove .yourpants
The alarm module has the outputs marked on the case. I had the same type of problem with my 95 Autoform. The original install was a joke no good connections and cheap crimps. I went through mine and repaired them with all new sealed stuff. You just need to figure out where the module is and look at it usually it is behind the trim panel under the steering column. DEI has a lot of info on their website (they make most of the high end systems) http://www.directed.com /
Steve W.
--
Pacifism - The theory that if they'd fed
Jeffrey Dahmer enough human flesh,

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:42:33 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@easynews.com.yourpants (skulker) wrote:

Thanks to all who responded. Armed with your information I will delve into the problem and report my results.
Thanks again!
skulker
snipped-for-privacy@easynews.com.yourpants
email replies remove .yourpants
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:42:33 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@easynews.com.yourpants (skulker) wrote:

Thanks again to all who replied either via USENET or email.
I found my alram module under the steering column. Lo and behold - a connector had come loose. I plugged it back in and everything is functioning properly.
I will tied down the cables more securely....
Thanks again!
skulker
snipped-for-privacy@easynews.com.yourpants
email replies remove .yourpants
turn signals started to get slow like a bad flasher.. replaced the flasher and no difference..no the turn signals dont work at all but the four way flashers do..i just checked every bulb in the tail lights and front end and all work..even replaced a few that looked old.. ive heard this may be a grounding problem but wouldnt that affect the flashers too??.. any ideas??i,m about to try another flasher now.. thanks in advance..
i replaced one that was just left of the steering wheel...where would the second one be and are they similar looking??the one i replaced was next to a square relay of some sort..sorry but no chiltons manual here..thanks GW
Should be under there too. On some GM's there is another fuse block type thing they call a "convenience center" under the other side of the dash (above/behind glove box) but I'm not sure on Corsica. GW
Bthandel wrote:

I TRYED A NEW FLASHER AND ALSO ONE OUT OF MY 92 ASTRO(WORKS IN THE ASTRO)..also checked what i think is the rear ground(on inside wheel well??looked good but undid it and cleaned it anyways.)any idea where the front ground would be??i looked around trying to trace the harnes but if its not an obvious place , it may take a while...another person(GW THANK YOU) mentioned two flashers..any idea where the other would be?.also the problem started with slow flashing then back to normal then slow again til nothing..hope that sheds some light? thanks 451
What's wrong with GM???
Their 2004 models are still the same junk that's been the norm for the past 10 years!!!
The only difference is the PRICE!!! Who would be foolish enough to pay the prices they're asking for the same junk that's been available for the past 10 years?
Compare Chrysler to GM, and you'll think you're looking at ads from the early 90's!!!
How can they think they'll sell this junk at the prices they have them priced at???
The 2004 GM model line is sorry to say the least...
With GM's own confession that their vehicles are inferior to the competition--it looks as though GM wants out of the "new-car" business.
Remember when GM went out on strike a few years back; who cared because what they make is certainly not what the car buyers of today are looking for.
Me wrote:

Reading http://www.carsurvey.org/ I see more blue faces than GM :-)
--
Regards