Ecotec engine

Hi all,,
I've been driving my grand am for over 10 years & although it is a Quad-4 it still runs great and I have never had complaints about it. I'm assuming that
it will last me another 2-3 years & I am thinking of replacing it with another Grand-Am, same concept 2 door, 5 speed, full load. How is that Ecotec engine??? Will I be satisfied with it & when did they start putting it in the Grand Am's?
Thanks
BB 90 Grand Am SE 5spd Quad-4 HO 89 Corvette Coupe Blk on Blk Auto 5.7 TPI

I took a Saturn Ion with a 5-speed auto out for a test drive, and it's OK for farting around the city, but I found it had a hard time lugging 3 people around (to my satisfaction).
The 2.2L in my '98 Cavalier felt stronger (but it had a 5-speed manual).
It's a pretty good motor, I have it in my Saturn Ion. Definitely more power than the 2.2 in my old Sunfire - lots of torque. Reliability-wise, there seems to have been very few problems with it. Easy oil changes (filter is right on the front of the engine, and it's a lot less messy than most setups with a spin-on filter).
I can't say myself what it's like in the Grand Am - I'd say just test-drive it..
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
I would get it 5 speed so don't think that performance will be an issue. My main concern is reliability.

it
that