electrical autos

I saw that ther new electrical cars is available.
Looks very interesting.
I am interested in hearing real user experience.
VW, BMW and Citroen Berlingo.
Is it true you can travel 170 km on one charge?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I know one guy with a Chevy Volt. The peculiarities I was unaware of are that:
1. Premium fuel is required because it has a longer shelf-life 2. If the fuel still gets too old, the ECM will run the engine to burn it.
He wouldn't know the maximum range, we live on an island, and his commute to work is one mile.
GW

My neighbor has a Studebaker Electric. Seems to be reliable as he has had it for many years now. Not sure of the range as he only takes it out a couple of times a year and uses it mostly around town.
On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 00:43:32 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I'd be more inclined to buy new and dump it after two or three years. The battery replacement is very expensive so that affects the price of a used one.
Biggest problem with both full electric and hybrid is the cost and lack of payback. You pay quite a premium to save a few bucks a week on fuel.
Anyone know how well the heaters work? AC? I still want my comfort too.