Engine Number ID???

I transplanted a 305 Chevy Motor into my 82 El Camino... It was 4 years ago and I forgot what year the motor is.. I remember going to the junk yard with my dad the Caprice was still warm. It was a strange thing, like harvesting organs from a fresh dead body. The car was driven by an older woman, she hit a fence with the car and her son drove the car to the junk yard and junked it, the junk yard owner called me minutes after he got it. The motor only had 19K on it. Anyway, is it in on top of the block or under the oil pan????

Thanks Jake

Reply to
M Hayes529