ENGINE OIL CHECK LIGHT

I HAVE A 1990 325I CONVERTIBLE I DO NOT KNOW THE ENGINE SIZE OTHER THAN ITS A 6 CYLINDER. IT HAS A STANDARD TRANSMISSION. I HAD THE OIL CHANGED ALONG WITH
THE FILTERS, BUT THE OIL SERVICE LIGHT IS STILL IN THE YELLOW POSITION. HOW DOES ONE GO ABOUT RESETTING THE COMPUTER ?
Wrong forum!

-
Shep wrote:

WELL EXCUSE ME, I'M NEW ON HERE AND NOT FAMILIAR WITH WHICH FORUM TO USE, THANKS FOR THE TIP.

Take out a home equity loan, then assign the check to the local BMW dealer and he will re-set it for you.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

VERY FUNNY, BUT NOT VERY HELPFUL. THERE IS REAL HELP ON THE INTERNET FOR PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF THOUGH, THANKS FOR NOTHING ED. I DON'T THINK I LIKE THIS BLOG ITS FULL OF SNOBS AND INCONSIDERATE PEOPLE.

You're a WANKER for posting in ALL CAPS. Are you a FUCKHEAD of some type, or just some type of ASSHOLE ?!

One reads one's owner's manual. After that, one turns off Caps Lock.
Man - doesn't anybody read an owner's manual before posting to a newsgroup anymore?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

MIKE, I READ THE OWNERS MANUAL AND DID NOT SEE IT IN THERE, AND I USE CAP LETTERS BECAUSE I HAVE ONLY ONE HAND. NO NEED TO GET SNIPPY I HOPE ALL BMW OWNERS ARE NOT AS UPPITY AS THIS.

HANKERS via CarKB.com wrote:

You might try a BMW group for specific info, but from what i know, the BMW cars usually require a service light reset tool of some kind that costs about $150. A BMW garage would have one, but not too many chain or shade tree places would.

All lower case would be easier to read than ALL CAPS. A lot of people pass messages by that are written in ALL CAPS because it's a old trick used by spammers.

BMW
Why does only having one hand require you to use CAPS?
Steve
The asshole is jacking off with his other hand.

Yay pointless internet discussions.

For someone who read the owner's manual you seem to have missed just about everything that is in an owner's manual. Maybe you should try reading it again. It might not hurt to look under your hood as well. How do you expect people to help you when you have not helped yourself enough to even know enough of the basics to ask a question? You are lazy and are looking for people to jump to your assistance. You don't even know the engine that is in your car.
BTW - have you not noticed that this is a GM newsgroup - yet you feel it is relevant to post BMW questions here?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Keep up the smart alec replies and I'll bust your good hand.