Engine overheat and cool air -thermostat?

Hey Mike....been following this thread. Apparently you "actually" know what you are talking about. I've seen/heard this baloney being spouted here on these newsgroups before and a number of people will believe anything if someone keeps repeating it.

It's amazing how complicated people will try to make these simple problems. Car overheats, no heat in cabin......99.9 percent of the time....low coolant. But no....we've got to come up with all sorts of other reasons.

Car will overheat if thermostat removed......hahahaha.....that's a good one! Unbelievable what people come up with when it has to do with operating principles of engines, cooling systems, and cars in general.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Thanks Ian. It really is amazing, all the replies to this post with off the wall suggestions when all that was needed was to remove the radiator cap and check the coolant level. If most people would just start with the basics they would have better luck finding most problems. I really felt bad for the original poster with all the odd answers he was being given.

Reply to
Mike