Engine Shaking after changing spark plugs & Wires ??????

I have a 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with a V6. I had my spark plugs & wires changes yesterday due to rough idling. Yet, when it was all said done, the engine is now shaking a bit. (Was not happening
before). We tested to see if the all the spark plugs were firing and they were. I pretty sure its a misfire somewhere, because the car sputters when I come to a stop. I plan on getting a diagnostic ran to confirm my theory this weekend, but I was wondering if anyone had this problem before and could offer advice. Thanks
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 05:36:27 -0700, blackmanofsteel40

You sure they didn't get two wires on the wrong plugs?

Yes, we tried with the old wires and the engine was still shaking.

Yes, we tried with old wires and the engine was still shaking

Are you sure that the wires were put on the correct plugs?

Put a vacuum gauge on the engine, it will tell you lots.
Steve
Hope you did not buy Champion Plugs. I have seen many problems created by them.

no I used the old wires first with the new plugs and the engine shook. I then changed the old wires for the new ones and it had the same effect.
I used Autolite Spark Plugs....are those good ? they were 1.49 each

I'd wager over 90 out of 100 responders would guess either 2 wires are crossed or one of the plugs has zero gap--kinda like when the installer dropped one and it landed on the end, closing the gap. s
Subject: Re: Engine Shaking after changing spark plugs & Wires ?????? Date: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 1:56 PM

I wonder, did he gap or at least check the gap at all???

Maybe it is not the plugs and wire, but the distributor or coil pack, whatever your car happens to have.
blackmanofsteel40 wrote:

The next step is a cylinder balance test where you disconnect or short out one plug at a time while monitoring the engine RPM. If you find one or more cylinders which when shut down hardly effect the RPM then you know where to look. New plugs are sometimes defective due to either a manufacturing error, physical damage or improper installation.
Another possibility is that you knocked off a vacuum line or disturbed something else.
Without having hands-on the engine it is hard to say!