Engine Transplant Recommendation

You are probably right. After crawling under the car and getting a good look at the cross member and steering linkage, I lost optimism that this could work.

Thanks to every one for their the input.

Reply to
Scott Buchanan

V-6 Firebirds had the 3800 in them all through the 90's. It was a front-wheel-drive block configuration (that's all GM produced), and they had a 4-speed automatic and a 5-speed tranny that were configured to fit it as a rear driver.

Reply to
Joe

GM made both FWD and RWD 3800 blocks, just like they did with the 2800. LOT's of variations out there of both. I can think of 5 variants of the

3800 block in just RWD alone, not including the earlier 225 it was based on.
Reply to
Steve W.

No, they didn't in the 90's. Not at all. But I think the OP has already lost interest. I had assumed he'd want something fairly late-model, since he used the term "3800".

Reply to
Joe