Engines - Again

Still being a little baffled, as well as quite a bit poor, I went to a few sites regarding engines. I found out that the engine code for a (example) 3800 Camaro engine is the same as the 3800 Regal engine - VIN code K, and both use the L36 variant of the Buick V6.

So, with the exception of 451ctds (thanks for the encouragement, man), no one has answered me why I _cannot_ replace a 305 on a 1987 Regal with a 3800. Is it a question of a subframe, or a new cradle that is used in a Camaro (or the FWD car line up)? Vuarra

Vuarra

And they probably never will. RWD V8's all the way with me! :-)

Reply to
Dan--

Another option that you have if you are concerned with gas mileage is to try to build the turbo V-6....IF you can find one. I believe the crank, rods, pistons, and cam are the only differences over the regular v-6. so you may be able to turbo a regular one..not 100% sure though.

If this is not so..someone please school me..I have always wanted to know the mechanical differences in the two motors...BESIDES the turbo and the manifolds

Good to know I can still screw...

John

Reply to
eightupman

Just an update... I've been fired from one job, to start another the next day. Unless I eff up, I'm looking at quite a bit of money in a year's time, and I'll be going with either a 383 to install in the Regal or a Formula / Trans Am (perhaps with the 383 stroke kit and upgraded chip).

Anyone know of someplace in Canada which deals with remanufactured engines (preferrably in the Toronto area)?

Vuarra

Vuarra

Nice choice. Strokers can be built or found on the web with a little bit of searching. Glad to see it all worked out for you. If you are looking for a turnkey motor, there is

or
or
I do not know of any builder in Canada, but Iam sure there are.

John

Reply to
eightupman