Envoy 2000 Rear Rotors

Went to purchase rear rotors for the vehicle and parts guy asked if I had 3 3/4" ring gear or 7 5/8" ring gear, saying that the it would say on bottom center of I.D. tag?

Where would the ID tag be? Do I need to pull off the diff cover to find out?

Any help would be appreciated.

David

Reply to
Dave

Take a hi-resolution picture of the options code label and hand it to a "knowledgeable" parts guy. *3 3/4"* ring gear--is that what he said? or was that a typo? s

Reply to
sdlomi2

It was taken from autozones website.

Dave

It was taken from autozones website.

I think I'd trust Advance ahead of such listing as A-Zone showed:

|GRPDRUMAMS__brakes___ >>

Reply to
sdlomi2

|GRPDRUMAMS__brakes___ >>>

The Envoy may have the following ring gear sizes (in addition to the 7

5/8"):
  • 8.50 Ring Gear * 8.625 Ring Gear * 8.80 Ring Gear

These diffs use 10 bolts to secure the cover.

As to the '3 3/4"'

As to the Acvance Auto Parts web page, what a joke!

BTW, my parts terminal shows only one rear rotor size for the vehicle, does not depend on the differential.

Reply to
PeterD

|GRPDRUMAMS__brakes___>>>>

Peter, the Advance site I mentioned to OP showed only 1 number for 2wd and 1 number for 4wd--and was as you said "does not depend on the differential". I hope you meant the AutoZone site was the joke, not the Advance site I quoted;). AutoZone was also the site that mentioned the 3

3/4" ring gear. I don't own stocks in Advance, but it seems I've found a *few* higher quality items there than some carried by AutoZone. s
Reply to
sdlomi2

.

Just to let all who replied know, I took the old rear rotor to autozone and compared it to the ones they were offering. I think the old rotor originally came from advanced auto. Anyway I ended up purchasing the Duralast 55038

It measured the same as the old rotor. Fitted perfectly. Though who is to say advanced autos sold me the correct one in the first instance!

Just a note, I also had to replace one of the rear calipers. The new caliper they gave me had been put in the wrong box. The labeled 'driver side' box had the passenger side caliper in it. Moral is always to check to the old against new!!!

Thanks to all who replied.

David

Reply to
Dave