Envoy verses Ascender question

I have driven both 2004 vechicles recently, is there a differnce in the suspension or springs or something?Seems the Envoy handled better and rode soother. Both where 5 passender 4x4 and where equiped the same except the
Ascender had leather seats. Could just be me.
the envoy is also available with leather seats...