EV1 Electric Car was CRUSHED by GM,,GM finds it has crushed itself, too

Page 1 of 2
Old Klingon Proverb: "Revenge is a dish best savored cold" - Khan Noonien Singh, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
EV1 Electric Car was CRUSHED by GM, GM finds it has crushed itself, too
http://ev1.org /
--
Civis Romanus Sum

You might check you facts before you comment. The federal government REQUIRED GM to destroy all of the EV1 they owned, after the test period had expired on the car that was built under exception to federal regulations as an experimental vehicle.
EV1 could NOT be legally sold to the public and were only leased to the public at a monomial fee.

Mike wrote:

In that day GM got what it wanted and has now come to really rue *that* day. They could have been on top of EVs but they chose to flush themselves down the toilet. Happy C11/C7 GM, the EV-1 is chuckling.
--
Civis Romanus Sum

I agree, further, if they had kept it they would have had 10 years head start on everyone else with the technology- a lot happens in ten years when the tech is in the market.
What part of 'The federal government REQUIRED GM to destroy all of the EV1 they owned, after the test period had expired on the car that was built under exception to federal regulations as an experimental vehicle." did you not understand? LOL

I agree, further, if they had kept it they would have had 10 years head start on everyone else with the technology- a lot happens in ten years when the tech is in the market.
Mike wrote:

No one ever accused the Feds and GM of being intelligent. Just think of the lead GM *could* have had in EVs but instead flushed it.
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Jim Higgins wrote:

Probably didn't meet federal safety standards, so it wasn't marketable anyway.
Don't blame GM for that though, blame Nader, Claybrook and all the other people who think that we need to be saved from ourselves and likely haven't ever as much as sat in on a single engineering-related class.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

i think they only built 800 it had a range of approx 100 mi. they couldnt give them away on cheap leases, i dont think they ever leased them all. think back to 92 and the price of oil and gas. do you think if you ran the business you would have kept selling these at a loss, when everyone at the that time including all the media kept knocking it, it was not until 10 or 15 years later that someone thought it was a good idea. The best you can come up with is that GM failed. Tell me what would have you have done it it was your business You all seem to know how to run a car company, let us hear your well thought out idea. No talking points tell me what you would do. Smart a** answers excluded. use that date state of the are and materials in you answer.
Tom wrote:

GM and Chrysler will be/are in bankruptcy, not Toyota and Honda.Detroit Planning(?) is its own reward.
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Take a look at the Zero Emissions laws for the states where GM test marketed the EV-1. Those laws were put in place to FORCE some folks to use the EV-1 and bus lines to buy natural gas or propane buses. The EV-1 was a real POS. They were HATED by 99% of the people who had them. I have talked to a few folks who drove them for their jobs and they said that the motor controls were constantly burning out and the batteries would lose capacity in a few weeks of actual use.
--
Steve W.

Steve W. wrote:

Spoken like a true GM Hack.
--
Civis Romanus Sum

doesn't matter, he'll be out of a job soon
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Just so long as he keeps his grubby hands off our tax money to keep him going at GM. No bailouts!
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Don't count on it. Obama has his ego on the line for Oba-mama-mobile made by Government Motors.
Rumor has it Obama is going to pork a record amount into GM and roll over the taxpayer.

depends and walk with a walker, Just remember the guy that took all of your money with my grubby hands. I will have a good life.
just to tell the truth i have a small gm pension, a pension fund that i paid into, soc. sec. and a 401k health care that the gov pays, and to top it off i get a good discount on cars.
good night loser.????????
Tom wrote:

All of which you can see go bye-bye with the stroke of a pen. You lose, big time.
--
Civis Romanus Sum

What kind of life do you losers have that you can spend your time posting in a NG on Memorial day?

Mike wrote:

You, *of all people*, have *no* room to cal anyone a loser. You lack the cognitive ability to make a coherent post on anything any you refer to others as losers? You are indeed to be most pitied of all men.
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Jim Higgins wrote:

I should type a tad more slowly. Typing While Ticked is not good.
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Cognitive ability such as "Cal," "anything any you refer?"
Now THAT was funny, thanks for proving the point. LOL