EV1 Electric Car was CRUSHED by GM,,GM finds it has crushed itself, too

Page 2 of 2
You could not even get it right on your second try! LOL

Mike wrote:

Try, real hard, to have an intelligent thought Mikey. Failed again?
--
Civis Romanus Sum

Look who's talking. Mike is an idiot, but I still rate him a tad higher then you. Yourself and Canuck have proven yourselves to be total losers. Anyone can look at your posts, and see that you have absolutely no "real" life, and likely no "love" life either. I mean, seriously, you two are posting all day and night. Go out and get laid, please. I realize you will have to pay for it, but it may make you feel better.

Whilst I've never had to pay for it, yes it makes you feel much better, and, you take a calmer view on life.
--
Clive

writes

So, you mean all the time Higgins and Dave spend playing with themselves, looking at GM-downfall news isn't doing them any good? That sucks.

There's no memorial here, so how am I wasting my time? By the way, what do you do on Memorial day, other than sit there and get drunk, contemplate your toes, or both, loser.
--
Clive

Having done quite a bit of time reading up on the EV-1 program, -all- of the documentaries I've found that featured former EV-1 owners show the exact opposite of what you are stating above. Wonder why?
Did you personally own/drive/repair an EV-1?
Chris

..
apparently they lobbied washington hard to overrule californias epa standards that forced to introduction of the electric car. if they had lobbied to extend the lowering of federal safety standards or whatever it was that allowed the ev1 to go on the road in the first place it is reasonable to assume they would have got it. it seems gm just wanted to kill the electric car any way it could

Try some research on the Corvair, a well designed car indeed. Corporations don't try to kill you, but they won't spend a lot of money to keep you alive either. The design was not very forgiving if you got the tire pressure wrong. Policy among all car makers still is, never admit a mistake just call it an improvment.

Of all the cars I've owned, the '62 Corvair Monza was my favorite. Handled very well, comfortable on long tips. Only thing lacking today would be AC. If they started making them again, I'd be in line to get one.
George Jetson wrote:

In the software industry it would be "a feature, not a bug".
--
Civis Romanus Sum