factory-installed remote keyless entry question

Hey guys - I am working to develop a product that will involve universal remote keyless entry (RKE) keyfobs that will work as duplicates or replacements for multiple makes and models of vehicles.
This involves understanding of FCC codes and factory-installed RKE systems. I am having great difficulty finding information on the factory-installed RKE systems that are included with the different makes and models of all auto manufacturers. Does anyone know if this information has been collected and is available anywhere, or if this info might be available from the auto makers themselves either buried in their technical data or user's manuals or other? Any help greatly appreciated....please reply to snipped-for-privacy@cmglo.com
-    Doug