False lamp warning

Why does the stop lights warning indicator stay on when the brake lights work fine?

95 Park Ave

TIA

Ed

Reply to
Jag Man

A couple possible causes are parking brake switch, low on brake fluid if it has a switch in the master cylander....

Reply to
Woody

Thanks. I'll check those out.

Ed

Reply to
Jag Man

Probably doesn't apply to your Park Ave -- but my 95 Taurus had the brake light stay on intermittently. One trip it would be on-- but as soon as I turned off the car & restarted it went away.

Then I discovered that the ignition switch wasn't returning fully to the 'run' position. I don't know why the only warning light left on was the brake light-- but now if it's on I just tap the ignition switch & it clears.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

I thought the question was about the brake lamp/bulb warning light, not the brake system problem/failure (also e-brake) warning lamp. Are they one in the same on this vehicle?

| > 95 Park Ave | >

| > TIA | >

| > Ed | >

| |