Favorite Movie Cars?

I am in the process of building a webpage that will showcase famous cars from Films and TV. I was just curious as to what some favorites were, especially some of the more obscure ones. We all know about the Bandit's 77 T/A, but what about Joseph Bottoms' "High Rolling in a Hot Corvette".

I would appreciate it if some people would share their favorites to help us build the page right.

Thanks CCC

Reply to
Collector Car Central

I vote for 1954 Studebaker Hard top Coupe.

"Collector Car Central" wrote in message news:Xns964363093C501CCC@38.119.71.210...

Reply to
Bob D.

Better yet would be a page dedicated to cool but unknown cars. There are a million "cool car" sites that cover the same hundred or so vehicles, so be different.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Hate to mention the F word here but the Mustang Steve McQueen drove in Bullit (1968) or the Charger from the same movie. This is the best chase scene of all time.

"Collector Car Central" wrote in message news:Xns964363093C501CCC@38.119.71.210...

Reply to
Tim

"Bob D." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to
Collector Car Central

Favorit TV Cars

Mannix - Joe Mannix's - 67 or 68 dark green Dodge Dart GTS convertible, dark green 1970 Plymouth Cuda' convertible.

Hawaii 5-0 - Steve McGarret's 1967 2 door & 1968 4 door hardtop Mercury Park Lane.

Mike Brady ( Brady Bunch ) 69 Plymouth Fury, convertible, 71 Plymouth Barracuda convertible.

Beverly Hillbillies - Mz. Janes 64 & 68 Dodge Coronet convertibles, and her 70 Dodge Challenger convertible.

Green Acres - Mid 60's, 4 door Lincoln Continental convertible.

Munsters - Coach & Dragula.

Andy Griffin - Andy's 64 Galaxie 500 police car.

Hatari - John Waynes Ford Pick Up Truck fror chasing down & catching Rhinno's.

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 302,552 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

A very obscure film of which I forget the name but it was driven by the thief who robbed the bank later in the picture. Saw it on TV the other night. Besides, the 1953-54 Studebakers coupes were decades ahead of their time in styling and innovation.

"Collector Car Central" wrote in message news:Xns9643A11138883CCC@38.119.71.210...

Reply to
Bob D.

Oh come on! That wasn't just a Mustang, that was a 1968 390 GT. That was a bad ass car.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Harry Face) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3111.bay.webtv.net:

Excellent! Thanks!

We would like to put together the best page we can on these. We are actually building an replica of the 64 Galaxie from Andy Griffith.

Thanks again CCC

Reply to
Collector Car Central
68 Dodge Charger 440 from the movie Bullitt.

from Films and TV. I was just curious as to what some

about the Bandit's 77 T/A, but what about Joseph Bottoms'

us build the page right.

Reply to
Lil Rascal

Yeh but I read on the internet about the people who worked in setting up the chase scenes in Bullitt and they said that the 440 Charger would run rings around that 390 mustang even after beefing up the mustang.

Reply to
Lil Rascal

Bullitt Chase scene interview here.

from Films and TV. I was just curious as to what some

about the Bandit's 77 T/A, but what about Joseph Bottoms'

us build the page right.

Reply to
Lil Rascal

Dirty Larry and Crazy Mary chase scene with the yellow 1970 Charger.

from Films and TV. I was just curious as to what some

about the Bandit's 77 T/A, but what about Joseph Bottoms'

us build the page right.

Reply to
Lil Rascal

Don't believe everything you read......

Reply to
el Diablo

The Yenko Camaro from 2 fast 2 furious.

Just had to throw that out there for the responses....

from Films and TV. I was just curious as to what some

about the Bandit's 77 T/A, but what about Joseph Bottoms'

us build the page right.

Reply to
Paradox

Don't know what they were but the some others movies with great cars that come to mind are

Bonnie and Clyde Karate Kid.

"Collector Car Central" wrote in message news:Xns964363093C501CCC@38.119.71.210...

Reply to
Tim

Those are all great!

I would vote for the car in the movie "Bonnie and Clyde". Not sure what model it was, but it was a 1920's vintage car.

Mannix - Joe Mannix's - 67 or 68 dark green Dodge Dart GTS convertible, dark green 1970 Plymouth Cuda' convertible.

Hawaii 5-0 - Steve McGarret's 1967 2 door & 1968 4 door hardtop Mercury Park Lane.

Mike Brady ( Brady Bunch ) 69 Plymouth Fury, convertible, 71 Plymouth Barracuda convertible.

Beverly Hillbillies - Mz. Janes 64 & 68 Dodge Coronet convertibles, and her 70 Dodge Challenger convertible.

Green Acres - Mid 60's, 4 door Lincoln Continental convertible.

Munsters - Coach & Dragula.

Andy Griffin - Andy's 64 Galaxie 500 police car.

Hatari - John Waynes Ford Pick Up Truck fror chasing down & catching Rhinno's.

Harryface ?Ø

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 302,552 miles
Reply to
James C. Reeves

I had forgotten about the Tucker...odd looking car with the center mounted

3rd headlight. Hmmm...there is a theme to my posts, it seems! ;-)

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Another came to mind

Tucker

I have seen one in person what a great idea that man had.

"Collector Car Central" wrote in message news:Xns964363093C501CCC@38.119.71.210...

Reply to
Tim

"Christine" ..... From the movie with the same name...I think a1967 Plymouth , red and white, that just wouldn't stop razing hell!!!

Andy

"Collector Car Central" wrote in message news:Xns964363093C501CCC@38.119.71.210...

Reply to
Andy & Carol