Favorite Movie Cars?

Page 2 of 3
Another came to mind
Tucker
I have seen one in person what a great idea that man had.
message

I had forgotten about the Tucker...odd looking car with the center mounted 3rd headlight. Hmmm...there is a theme to my posts, it seems! ;-)

How could I have forgotten these??
The Monkeymobile ( GTO ). The Batmobile ( TV Series version ). Stallone's 50 Merc in the Movie Cobra. Boss Hoggs 70 DeVille Convertible. Green Hornet's Black Beauty. 58 Impala ( in American Graffitti ). Speed Racer's Mach 5. 74? Torino - Starsky & Hutch,
The Batmobile was a 56 Lincoln built by George Barris.
How could I have forgotten these??
The Monkeymobile ( GTO ). The Batmobile ( TV Series version ). Stallone's 50 Merc in the Movie Cobra. Boss Hoggs 70 DeVille Convertible. Green Hornet's Black Beauty. 58 Impala ( in American Graffitti ). Speed Racer's Mach 5. 74? Torino - Starsky & Hutch,
Rascal,
Actually our 1962 World Book Encyclopedia has a picture of a 1957 Lincoln Futura that looks like the Batmobile.
The Batmobile was based on the Futura Show car. The F-Glass bodies were laid up in molds pulled from the show car. There were a total of 5 built with a couple of "parts" cars being built after the show went OTA. There is a website out there someplace that gives the entire story. George did a LOT of TV/Movie cars. Batmobile, Green Hornet, Munsters Koach, Munsters Dragula (aka Coffin Banger), The Car, SuperVan are just a few. http://www.barris.com /
Steve Williams
Rascal,
Actually our 1962 World Book Encyclopedia has a picture of a 1957 Lincoln Futura that looks like the Batmobile.
Harryface X?X 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 302,676 miles
-
Rascal,
Actually our 1962 World Book Encyclopedia has a picture of a 1957 Lincoln Futura that looks like the Batmobile.
True, but that same design actually goes back to 1955, Barris I am pretty sure used the 1956 as the base.
Boss Hogg's Convertible was actually a 1969. Just some slight differences in grille and tail lights were the only changes between the two years. I owned a 70 DeVille at one time and still miss the car. Roy
How could I have forgotten these??
The Monkeymobile ( GTO ). The Batmobile ( TV Series version ). Stallone's 50 Merc in the Movie Cobra. Boss Hoggs 70 DeVille Convertible. Green Hornet's Black Beauty. 58 Impala ( in American Graffitti ). Speed Racer's Mach 5. 74? Torino - Starsky & Hutch,
"Christine" ..... From the movie with the same name...I think a1967 Plymouth , red and white, that just wouldn't stop razing hell!!!
Andy
message

It was a 58 Plymouth Fury.

1957 or 1958 nor 1967. A friend had one, white with a gold mesh looking "spear."
1957 J2 Oldsmobile ... in a Burt Reynolds movie made in Nashville.

--
Kent Finnell
From the Music City USA

"Collector Car Central" <sales@*NOSPAM*collectorcarcentral.com> wrote in
A few more
My Favorite The Blues Mobile
Aston Martin DB5 from Goldfinger 1964
Back to the future DeLorean
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Ferris Bueller's Day Off 1986 Car: Ferrari (Think it was a kit car)
Ghostbusters
Wayne's World 1975-77 AMC Pacers
Herbie the love bug
The Mystery Machine
NON Movie the Popemobile
I mentioned the 1969 Dodge Charger in Fast 'N' The Furious in another group and in a reply somewhere in this one too:-) BUT got another car,Volvo 544 in a film about a ghosthunter driving this beaten thing the actor in this movie is Michael J Fox hmm can't recall the name of that movie... Regards Nightmare
meddelandet

Recall another car an Oldsmobile early 60's in the TV series with the Olsen twins as babies hmm names names and my bad memory for those:-) Anyone out there might have a clue what I'm talking about:-) Regards Nightmare
meddelandet

Nightmare, because of his bad memory could remember the TV show called Full House ( shown on TV LAND channel ) and the red 1961 or 1962 Olds Starfire convertible.
" Don't touch the hair man ! ~ Jesse ~
Nightmare, because of his bad memory could remember the TV show called Full House ( shown on TV LAND channel ) and the red 1961 or 1962 Olds Starfire convertible.
" Don't touch the hair man ! ~ Jesse ~
Another one ... from the Southern Cult Classic, "Thunder Road" (I can tell the story, I can tell it all. About the whip-poor-will who ran illegal alcohol) ... the 1949-51 (?) Ford transport coupe of Robert Mitchum.
--
Kent Finnell
From the Music City USA

Good call. My favorite movie for many years until the likes of 'Bullitt', 'Vanishing Point', Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry', and the other cool car flicks.
I did not see the whole move Thunder Road, but I seem to remember a 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 2-door hardtop. Roy

If I remember correctly, that was Gene Barry's ATF car. But it has been at least 35 years since I saw the movie.
--
Kent Finnell
From the Music City USA