feelings hurt??? maybe truth hurts.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/toyota-dealers-pull-abc-tv-ads-anger-excessive/story?id 76474

In the old days If the King did not like the message, he kill the messenger, to let the messengers King know he did not like the message. LOL

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/toyota-dealers-pull-abc-tv-ads-anger-excessive/story?id 76474

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/toyota-dealers-pull-abc-tv-ads-anger-excessive/story?id 76474 We dont know if the problem is as excessive as some of the news media paints it, or if there are those who paint the issue to suit their ego.
From my direct experience, it seems to be overkill. Time will tell.
You are correct over 900,000,000 safety related recalls, all around the world, may well kill the sales of Toyotas, all around the world