Fel-Pro or GM Gasket for 3.4L engine ?

Repair shop is going to use Fel-Pro intake manifold gasket when replacing my GM 3.4L OHV V6. Is that the same as the latest release GM gasket part #89017279 according to TSB #03-06-01-010 ? I found the TSB on the web, but
not on the GMTechLink. Is this TSB real ? Anyone know ? Some say the Fel-Pro is better, any comment ? PLEASE.
I would have high confidence in any felpro gasket as long as it is the proper application you should not worry.

I'd go with the Fel-Pro. I've been using their gaskets for many years and have never experienced a problem with them.
****************************************** I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson ~
I would go with the fel pro too EXCEPT....it may not fit your motor. I just did a 1999 with an "M" motor code, ,and the Felpro part number listed for the car was the wrong application. We had to go to the dealer for the right one. Best bet is to go to the dealer yourself. They should have them on the shelf as this is a common problem. It is only a few bucks more...not a few hundred for a change. Take it to the repair shop or they will try to gouge you with a "dealer" part.
John

"DL" wrote

I doubt it, but then I'm fairly cynical when it comes to GM's "fixes". It isn't really fair to comment yet, as most vehicles that have the new gaskets probably don't have many miles/time on them yet.
Ian