Firebird - oil pump (1996, 3800 V6)

Hello!
I am in the process of putting in a new oil pump into my '96 Firebird w/3800 V6.
In the haynes manual it states that "...Install the pump cover, using a
new gasket only..." (Page 2B-11)
I cannot find any information about this gasket anywhere! When I took the old pump out of the timing cover, I did not find any old gasket...the last thing I want to do is reassemble the engine without that gasket...
Has anyone else replaced the oil pump on a '96 3800?
Any thoughts or advice?
Thanks,
JeFF
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

That would be your first mistake, using a Haynes Manual.

There is no gasket for the oil pump. I would advise you to fill the oil pump cavity with vaseline before you put the cover back on.

Yes, plenty of them.
Ian
shiden_kai wrote:

Thanks Ian! I got the pump in and the car is running :o)
JeFF