Firmware update for CD player?

I have a 99 Buick Regal LS with the Monsoon audio system and cd player. I noticed that it won't read a few CD-R's notably my TDK 48X CD-R's.
It does read some CD-R's though. I was wondering (longshot) if there's
anyway to upgrade the firmware of the CD player so it reads and recognizes more CD-R formats and brands?
Thank you for any comments.
--
Michael Sovitzky
MCSE: W2K

its ussually a problem with the laser pickup device, CD-R's and RW's expecially look "different" then a normal CD to some older readers.
On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 09:11:22 -0500, "Michael Sovitzky"

Had the same question about mine. I was told it has more to do with the laser thingy that does the reading than anything else.
Make sure you use disc at once method to record the disc and close the session. I find that makes a difference in my Buick.