Five Star ***** Dealership Report

I have been the most vocal detractor of dealerships on most newsgroups, and especially in alt.autos.gm.
Today, I and my wife had an experience that needs to be reported in the
positive.
On the way back from a business trip in Oklahoma, the idler pulley on our 1998 Buick LeSabre gave up the ghost a mile or two out of Mount Pleasant, Texas. It threw the belt, which gracias a Dios, stayed in a harmless place.
We pulled into Sandlin Motors, Inc, a GM dealership in Mount Pleasant, Texas, for help.
What service!
Within 10 minutes, we had a price quote and a confirmation of parts availability.
The dealership chauffered us to a local restaurant so that we could have a lunch while repairs were made. No more than two hours afterward, then they picked us up, we paid a reasonable fee for the work done, and we hit the road again.
These people were friendly, honest, and VERY customer conscious. I could not sleep well if I did not pass along what an exceptionally good job these people did.
So to Allan Griffis and all at Sandlin, you have made me a believer that honest and competent dealerships DO exist. If you are in the area and need a new car or service or just a cup of coffee, drop in and see these people.
Thanks all there in Mount Pleasant. I wish you the best.
This is great news to hear. I will plug another dealership in Plano Texas that has excellent service; and, if they are not a 5 star dealership they should be. They have taken care of my Impala perfectly since I bought it new from them. It is Ray Huffines Chevrolet in Plano. Roy

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.nix wrote:

Quick alert to all people on their way to hell....dress warm!
Heh heh...
Ian

Well, Ian, I would suspect that if I were ever at your dealership location, I would be treated as fairly.
Shitteaux dealerships have a hard time recruiting and keeping first class people.
And you, my friend, have always impressed me as being an uncompromisingly ethical person.
I will hammer any organization that preys upon the unsuspecting and the disempowered, but there ARE people and organizations out there that do a good job and should be commended for it.
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.nix wrote:

I know, I know....it's just funny hearing it from you after all these years. You've actually been very fair with me, props to you!
Just had to slide that joke in there...couldn't resist!
Ian

I heard it coming, Ian;>) I knew I was bound to catch some heat.
Actually, when I was sitting in the dealership waiting room, I knew that I was not of sound mind. There was a beautiful grey Corvette sitting out in the showroom that raised my pulse. Thank God, it was already sold.
The window price was $55,000. Wonder what you would have to pay to drive it out? Not that I am going to buy one, of course, but .....

$55,000 plus tax. I know two people that bought them in the past few years and there was no negotiating. I've heard that is common.
wrote in message

All in all, not a bad price for something so glitzy as a Vette. Some people pay that much and more for cars that are neither particularly exciting nor spectacularly reliable. (Im thinking of MB, BMW etc)