Flooding 4Tech but not really?

Hello again,

88 Pont. 6000 151 2.5L FI

Is there a particular sensor on these that makes the car sometimes think it's flooded at startup? IE even though it has not cranked for many hours, it needs the peddle held to the floor during starting? I have pulled plugs and they are not soaked when this happens and it does not happen all the time (although it happens with increasing frequency).

Thanks for any input

Reply to
rdoc

Shep

I had considered that.

It's definitely not flooded. When this occurs it occurs from the very first crank when the engine is cold. I thought it might be a engine cooling sensor not letting it know that it's cold or something, so I changed that since it is only like $9.00. There is no smoke and the plugs are not wet when it's happening. It does have some blowby (from tired rings) that gets the air filter pretty clogged rather quickly, but it is changed often. The plugs are not fouled.

I've been considering a motor swap on this due to the rings but if the sensors change over (some will have to as I understand the recycler) then I may have the same issues still.

It generally starts fine when warm. I don't think codes are going to show during startup, and I don't know if my little cheapo scanner is even relevant to this engine.

Reply to
rdoc