Flushing out engine???

What would be the best way to get the antifreeze / oil residule out of the engine. It is a vortec 4.3. I have the heads off and would like to clean what I can see. Would it be OK to use kerosine to clean the top and let it run out oil plug.

Should I use a flush when I get it running??

Thanks

BR

Reply to
BR

I'd recommend a flush after servicing, did anti freeze enter engine prior to repair, or are we dealing with a small spill ? I used the GUNK brand flush after servicing a leaky intake manifold gasket on my 305 SBC. Seemed to work great. Used Mobil 1 prior to failure, no problems.

Reply to
451 CTDS