Flushing out engine???

What would be the best way to get the antifreeze / oil residule out of the engine. It is a vortec 4.3. I have the heads off and would like to clean what I can see. Would it be OK to use kerosine to clean the top and let it
run out oil plug.
Should I use a flush when I get it running??
Thanks
BR
I'd recommend a flush after servicing, did anti freeze enter engine prior to repair, or are we dealing with a small spill ? I used the GUNK brand flush after servicing a leaky intake manifold gasket on my 305 SBC. Seemed to work great. Used Mobil 1 prior to failure, no problems.