Foam in antifreeze resevour! C5

Every few weeks I need to add coolant to my '98 C5. I've been told by weo shops there no leaks but every morning three's way too much water in the driveway. What really bothers me is when I go to add water or coolant even
when the engines cool and not running when I fill it to overflow. the coolant is all foamy and aerated. Almost milky wit with tiny bubbles. The temp never goes above normal and runs fine. Should I flush the system? Could some hwise guy put soap in the coo lent reservoir?
--
All the best,

Steve

Add pictures here
✖
Stephen Horrillo wrote:

<< http://www.imcool.com/articles/antifreeze-coolant/dexcool-macs2001.htm
Radiator Cap? If it's in the driveway all night it might be "crying" for a warm garage. {:-(
--
…PJ
Four-wheeled, low profile, 2-ton floor jack
Stephen Horrillo wrote:

I would pull an oil analysis sample asap to make sure there are no internal leaks letting coolant into the engine oil. These are very common on GM V-6 engines. You don't have a V-6, but I would check just the same. It is possible that the symptoms you describe could be caused by a failed head gasket.
www.blackstone-labs.com is one of many companies that do this kind of work. They will send you a sample kit. You send them the sample and about $20 and you will find out if there is contamination.
Easy and cheap and well worth knowing.
There are many other labs which provide the same service.
John
Add pictures here
✖
John Horner wrote:

He should be able to confirm something quicker than mailing off a sample since he has water in the driveway. Maybe he only has a cracked reservoir or a leaky hose. Crawl under and look up with a light.
Add pictures here
✖
I would flush it and hope.... Otherwise you are giving a classic description of a blown head gasket.
One test is to carefully warm it up with the rad cap off and watch what happens. If smoke also starts coming out the rad opening, it is the gasket for sure.
Mike 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06 http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id !15147590 (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)
Stephen Horrillo wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
If you are loosing antifreeze it is leaking. If you see antifreeze on the driveway it is leaking. If you see bubbles and foam in the reservoir chances are good the head gasket is blown. I don't know what weo shops is but since you apparently know anything about engines I would find a qualified mechanic to check it out before you have to replace the whole engine...

Add pictures here
✖

bad maintenance. First off the 98 Corvette has a low coolant warning that is very sensitive and will even come on if you park on an incline and you never mention that it came on. Adding coolant because you see to much water on the driveway is the first step towards disaster. What coolant was added, if it was incorrect for a GM vehicle you have contaminated the coolant system. Is it not possible that the two shops that said there was no leak was correct? Then you added more coolant then it was designed for? When you say the temperature never goes above normal could that mean the coolant is at a proper level or a safe operational level?
My first suggestion is to take it to someone that knows something about cars and keep your hands off of it. You have come up with more problems on one Corvette than I have had with the last 6 that I've owned.
Knock off the cross posting, if you want another opinion post it to that group by it's self. If you just need attention post it to the proper group, now back in the black hole. Of course if you post your crap to enough groups it will come up here again. Then I'll have to block those people to stop your drivel.
Sorry for the cross posting but you might want to be aware of this guys background.
Have a wonderful day.
--
IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual
addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is
Dad wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

I see water in the driveway but it doesn't smell like coolant. It's clear like water. When I add water to the reseviour foam overflows even without the engine running and the engine running 1/4 (like 1 minute) a block to get to my condo's carwash to fill it.. Midas and The Chevy Dealer said they're was no leaks and nothing was wrong. BTW the foam is white and has no particular smell.
Sorry about the crossposting. I thought I was multiposting.
--
All the best,

Steve

Add pictures here