Follows up: Changing power steering fluid ..

Ok, I used the turkey baster (the wife wasn't to happy) to suck the fluid out of the noisy pump. refilled pump, started car, moved steering wheel all the way left, all the way right. turned off the car removed all the fluid from the pump again. refilled pump. started car, turned steering wheel all the way to the left, and right. Pump much quieter now.

I did this a total of 3 times before I lost the baster to the bottom of the old oil bottle I was using for the old power steering fluid. (The 1 quart bottle was also full with old fluid). But the pump doesn't make hardly any noise now. I'm going to head down to the local lube shop, and see if they will evac the system (it's gotta be much quicker)... But the noise is gone.

Reply to
clevere