For Anyone With A 2009 Buick LaCrosse: Burned Out Bulb Question, Please ?

Hi,

Have a 2009 Buick LaCrosse.

Not too good with the technical, so please bear with me a bit.

When unlocking doors with the Remote, the right hand side, rear, light did not flash as it usually does.

When putting the turn signal to the right, I get on the instrument panel by the Speedometer a very quick flashing right arrow.

So, I guess a bulb burned out back there.

But the Manual says that if a bulb burns out in the directional, a message would appear. No message. just the very fast arrow blinking.

a. Should I assume it is definitely a burned out directional bulb in the right-rear ?

b. How hard to replace in a 2009 Buick LaCrosse ?

c. Any idea which bulb Number, and where in the housing it is ?

The manual really isn't very clear, and there seem to be several bulbs in that housing.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

It is interesting that after hundred years they still can ot get this right.

Everu year all cars and all models are making the simplest things more complex.

The fiscal cliff is the same.

Earn the money before you spend.

Reply to
gosinn

My guess is yes, it is burned out. Burned out bulbs for brakes and turn signals sometimes do funny things. I'd replace it.

I have no idea. Take a look inside the trunk and pull back any covering over the housing. Some bulbs are easy to get to, some are a real PITA and you have to remove the entire light housing to get to them.

You may be able to look it up at the auto parts store, but it may be best to pull the old bulb and find the number.

It is worth the time to try doing this yourself or enlist a neighbor that can possibly guide you through it. My daughter took her car to the dealer for a brake light and they wanted to charge her $115 to replace the bulb. Fortunately, it was still under warranty.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

$115 or more can be reasonable for 'some' bulbs. Like some headlights, front turn signal and marker lights where the inner fender liner must be removed/replaced for access. Throw in some body damage, and you have a chore. Some instrument cluster bulbs can take hours, and open Pandora's box to boot.

Back when I was doing the independent tech thing, and one of the easy 30 second or a minute 'wham bam' bulb jobs (or the like) came in, I'd usually just do it on the spot, and send them on their way, no charge... but remind them to not forget me when a real issue came up. There weren't a lot of them, maybe 3 or 4 a month, but they seemed to generate a lot of customer good will, and word of mouth advertising.

Erik

Reply to
Erik

Some design engineers should be burned at the stake. Now that cars are going to LED lights, they should last a long time.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski