Frame rail replacement

Do body/frame shops ever replace frame rails in full frame vehicles to repair collision damage on one side? I know i have seem on large class 8 trucks stickers saying "do not weld the frame".
More specifically, i have i S10 with a tweaked frame rail, and a donor truck with a good frame rail. Is it possible (or prudent) the cut the good frame rail off the donor and put it in place of the bent frame rail on the other truck. (obviously, a professional welder).
Is this ever done?
Bob
-
When all the work, alignment, cutting, welding, etc. is taken into account, it would likely be easier to replace the entire frame with the donor frame.
That's probably what a professional shop would do.

@#@
We do it all the time on class !!! and up, it is a lot of work and generally its an warranty claim.
Ray