Front Brakes

When I apply my brakes my Astro Van pulls to the left. What is the best way to check an see if the calliper is ceased. Thanks Mike

Get the frt wheels off the ground and see if the drag turning the wheels is about the same, also have someone gradually apply the brakes and see if you can feel the calipers apply evenly( not in gear engine running of course), suspect caliper on opposite side of pull can be frozen, but there are other possibilities other than the brakes.

-
No sign of dragging on the brakes and the calipers are moving freely

way
Mike & Chris wrote:

Did you have any brake work performed recently? Have you checked the rear brakes? Sometimes, if you have a leaking rear axle seal and you get oil all over the brake shoes on one side, that will be enough to cause the vehicle to pull to one side or the other. The other option is that you may have a restricted front brake hose on one side or the other. If all else is good, I would start by replacing the front brake hoses.
Ian
No brake work done recently and the back brakes are dry no rear axle seals leaking. If I disconnect the flex hose where the metal brake line and the flex hose meet should the piston retract if there is no restriction or if the piston is not ceased. Should I start on the side that it pulls on (left side) or should I start on the other side