Front Doors Always Freeze - Any Suggestions ?

My 1995 Buick Regal's front doors seem to always freeze shut in the right kind of winter conditions. The back doors seem to be fine. This morning I had to get in the back and reach over to start the car. Is
there anything I could use on the rubber around the door to prevent this. My wife suggested pam . Thanks

that's spelled right). If you can find it, it offers a no-mess alternative to soap or Pam (which will both work but are sometimes messy). You may beable tolocate some spray silicone that leaves a dry film and is not messy (most of them are not dry film silicone and are very messy).
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "So why do I drive a big SUV? It's because I have to haul numerous people and things to places." ~ R. Lee Baxton ~

Use any silicone product anywhere on your car and you will regret it if you ever need to get that car painted. Try anything *but* silicone.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

the dry film spray lubricant hasn't been an issue (nor has the stick silicone). I've been using the spray since the 1960's and have had no problems. My only problem has been finding the "dry film" spray (most of the ones I find remain wet).
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% "So why do I drive a big SUV? It's because I have to haul numerous people and things to places." ~ R. Lee Baxton ~
Mike Marlow wrote:

If that is a concern either wet a rag with the spray and wipe it on or use a stick or grease as has been suggested elsewhere. Nothing works as well as silicone for lubing weatherstrip.
nate
JRL wrote:

Silicone spray works for me.
JRL wrote:

I run a few plow trucks in all kinds of weather and the best gure I have found is a silicone spray lube in a can. spray thew door seals once and get them wet with it and let it dry then spray it again. Once the silicone gets biult up in rubber, it will no longer freeze shut. should last all winter if done correctly.
--

-----------------
www.thesnoman.com
JRL wrote:

light coat of silicone grease works, and will protect the rubber.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 19:11:25 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

WD40 wont last more than a few hours. Use SILICONE SPRAY LUBRICANT. It works great. (not silicone caulk).
---MIKE--- wrote:

The WD-40 cleaned out all the dirt and old lube, but only works as a lube itself for a short period of time (a couple weeks) I second the advice to follow up with a silicone spray lube.
nate