Front Rotor Removal on 2000 Pontiac

I need some help here. I was trying to change the brakes on my 2000 Grand Prix but couldn't get the rotor off to get it turned. I got the pads out but the
rotor was still held in place by the outer frame of the brake caliper and the bolts holding that one were very tight so I didn't want to force anything. How exactly do I get the rotor off? Thanks...
DC
"Jdavecobb" wrote

You do have to remove that "outer frame" in order to get the rotor off. No way around it. The two bolts are very tight (they are loctited from the factory), but they will come off. I use a 30 inch swing handle with a good quality socket and they will come off.
Ian
Ian,
Thanks for the quick reply. I had a wrench on them and was using a baby sledge on it but they wouldn't budge. I was afraid I was going to break something. Thanks again...
Yes I've broken a few cheap sockets on them... on my friends 99 Cavalier we had to rig 2 bars up and jump on them to get his to come loose.
:-D I just cut the cheese!

150ft-lbs I believe
Should they be re-loctited after they're replaced?

"NokNokMan" wrote

Yeah, they are supposed to have this re-applied before you re-install them.
LOCTITE DRI-LOC 201(GM P/N 12345493)
Ian
Uh-oh

Ditto