Frozen bolts in aluminum intake - 91 Vette

I am posting this for a friend. He has a '91 Vette which has aluminum intake and heads. He has/is removing the intake and some of the bolts are seized. Seized to the
point that he has twisted one off. Is there some recommended technique to "un-seizing" these bolts? If not, what is the recommended course of action once one is twisted off? Any hints, tips, suggestions, or funny jokes I can pass on will be appreciated. Frankly it reminds me of the old VW engine and it's problems.
"Is there some recommended technique to "un-seizing" these bolts? If not, what is the recommended course of action once one is twisted off? Any hints, tips, suggestions, or funny jokes I can pass on will be appreciated. Frankly it reminds me of the old VW engine and it's problems. "
Same thing you do on a VW engine when the exhaust studs break...drill it out and shoot a helicoil into the hole.
I'd suggest putting some anti-seize on things when you reassemble to keep this from happening again.
Chris
It's probably too late now. The seized ones have already been broken off and drilled out. I would try tapping on the head to perhaps break the bolt loose. Also, a shot of something cold to contract the bolt might be helpful. Drilling the broken ones out after will be difficult because the drill will try to wonder into the aluminum. With the right punch in the center of the broken stud or using a tiny carbide grinder, I would establish the center of the hole so I could get a straight start with a drill bit. Then I'd start with a small bit and work up. When it was big enough for an extractor, I would attempt that carefully. Failing that, I would proceed drilling to a size I could tap. The risk of losing a casting to this repair procedure is high.