FS : ONE OWNER 1956 Buick Riviera Super 50

I have this one on e-bay motors

It is a documented one owner 1956 Buick Riviera Super 50. 255hp 332 V8, has been a daily driver up to last week. Pretty cool story behind it.

Thanks CCC

Reply to
<cccentral

Daily driver may be a bit of an exageration with only 54000 miles on it, but we get the point. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I'll send it to my brother who lives in Texas and owned a 52'. Perhaps he would be interested in a later model.

Reply to
Al Bundy

"Al Bundy" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

It is probably 154000, but could be 54. This one has a unique story along with it. The owner was a Major in the army stationed in "French Indochina" (later became Vietnam). He was coming back to the states and his wife informed him their '50 model Buick was having problems. He arranged the purchase through a Citroen/Renault dealer who had the GM franchise there. It had to go through Paris and most of the original purchase orders are in French. The car was ordered and delivered to CA where he picked it up when he returned to the states.

All the original paperwork is there along with the original brochure he used to pick it out. Also the shop manuals and black plates.

He retired after 30 year as a full bird colonel. It was his only car for the last few years, and while he didn't drive every day, it was his only transportation.

We hope to find it a good home.

Thanks CCC

Reply to
Collector Car Central

My daddy had a 50 Buick Road Bastard -- oops Road Master, then a 55 Century,

When my neighbor Chuck's uncle died in 1991 he inherited a 78 Olds 88 two door that was thirteen years old with only 600 miles on it- that avaeraged out to being driven 46.1 miles a year which I think averaged out to around 3.8 miles per month. Chuck still has the car today with about 29,000 miles on it now.

Ironically when Chuck got the 78 Olds in 1991, I was selling the exact same car with 196,000 miles....and we all know what I bought in 1991.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 32,272 91 Bonneville LE 304,498
Reply to
Harry Face