Fuel Door Actuator

I have a 2000 Park Avenue with problems on the fuel door actuator. It would fail occasionally but now has failed totally. I replaced the electrical actuator but that didn't fir the problem. The switch seems to be making good contact and providing a closure for the circuit. I couldn't find a reference for a fuse for this.

Any ideas to help me get started troubleshooting?

Thanks,

Lou

Reply to
Lou V

How did you decide the switch was working? This may rule out many possibilities.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Lou V wrote in alt.autos.gm

Get someone to help you. Open the fuel door, by hitting the manual release in the trunk, and have your helper push the button. Does the actuator move that would allow the door to open? If so, then it is out of adjustment. If not, then you have an electrical problem. You will need to go back to the button and check for volage on both sides of the switch. If you have volage at one side of the switch, but not the other when the button is pushed then replace the switch. If you have no voltage on either side of the switch, then start looking for a blown fuse, or loose wire. Since it started out as an intermittant problem, my money is on the button mechanism.

If you do not have a meter or test light, pick one up and use it.

Reply to
Dick C

Then check all fuses. It's not too hard or time consuming so it's worth a peek. It probably isn't a fuse since you say the problem was intermittent before failing entirely.

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
Reply to
SgtSilicon

A friend of mine borrowed my car (with latching gas door) and then took it to a gas station to gas it up, but he couldn't figure out how to open the gas door latch. He kept hitting the correct button, but he neglected to have the ignition key on when he did it.

---Bob Gross---

Reply to
Robertwgross