Fuel Guage Chev Venture

Hi , anyone know what the problem could be with my fuel Guage. While driving last week I hapenned to notice that the Fuel Guage started to go right past the full mark. even though I only had almost a quarter tank
of fuel left in the tank , now I don't know how much fuel is in the tank. The Guage is malfunctioning, I wonder the cause could be , I have checked the fuses and everything seems fine there. Any Help..............................

Quite likely the fuel level sender in the tank is the cause. Some GM vehicles had problems where sulfur compounds in some fuel would damage the sender, I'm not sure if this is one of them..
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada