Fuel Induction Service on 92 Chevy Lumina Minivan

I recently brought my old, decrepid van into a Tuffy Service Center because it was stalling on the highway and would not start up after it had stalled. Tuffy said that the crank positioning sensor needed to be
replaced ($230 for part(s) and labor). I had them replace this.
They also suggested that I get a fuel induction service on the van ($90). It has 145K miles, is almost 15 years old, and probably has never had this type of service performed. I'm trying to keep the van going as long as possible, but like everyone else, I don't want to spend lots of money doing it. Is this something worth having done on my old van? Or would buying some of those fuel additives from an auto store be a good short-term alternative?
Thanks for any and all input, Kevin G.

Type of engine.... 3.1 ??
Is this the TBI model ??? Do you have one "Carb" type unit with an Air Filter housing? (I think sfi (multi port) came out in 1993 or 1994).
if the engine is performing well chances are the injectors are not clogged and the fuel additive will get rid of any varnish inside the thoat.
With the fuel injector service ahigher octane injector cleaner is sprayed through the injectors, in the end...same result....
regardless..... a few cans of fuel injector cleaner once a month or so for about 3 months and then once every 6 months thereafter won't hurt.
You might also wish to replace the fuel filter... I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think there is a canister filter along the passenger side of the chassis....right about the location of the sliding door. Wear safety glasses and depressurize the system before changing.
hth
Peter
Thanks for your reply. Now, the van won't start at all. The battery, alternator, and crank positioning sensor have all been replaced within the past couple of months. The ignition won't crank/turn over at all.
Could a clogged fuel filter be causing this problem?
Thanks, Kevin