Fuel injector o-ring size

Bought some new FelPro o-rings for my ongoing Alero project. The new rings are obviously fatter than the originals, and I can't get the injectors down
in their holes with the fatter o-rings fitted. Double and triple checked the auto sites and supposedly I have the correct set for my daughter's machine. Was there a design change for this o-ring at some time or other?
Could this o-ring be the upper one for the fuel rail connection instead (I have not disturbed the injector to rail o-rings and would rather not just to keep from opening yet another can of worms)? If so what the heck are the lower o-rings properly called?
Are they loose on the injector? Put some transmission fluid on the o-rings, they'll slide in, but it'll take more force than you think.
Steve

Silver Surfer wrote:

I'd either get the correct ones from GM, or just re-use the old ones. I re-use the old ones 90 percent of the time. Unless they have a nick in them....they will be fine. Make sure you lube the o-rings and the holes they go into.
Ian
Inspected and cleaned the original o-rings today. Put them back on the injectors. Now the injectors very easily slide into their holes even without lubrication. They are almost free floating. With the rail bolted down the injectors move easily when I put my hand on the fuel rail and press down. However, they were plenty tight when I took them out. A good deal of force was required to get them to pop loose.
Those FelPro replacements just will not go down in the hole without mucho, mucho force, and when they do finally go in most of them lose a chunk of the o-ring material in the process.
What the heck am I up against here? What portion of the injector should be visible when it's in the hole? Wonder if I could have sprung those two cross braces on the fuel rail? This is getting demoralizing.

the
Last time I replaced my of-rings I bought them at the dealer. $25CDN for a full set.
Steve